We’ve probably all said this before – “This year I’m going to lose weight and get in shape.”
And while this resolution is highly commendable, it’s also one of the most challenging to follow through with. I mean c’mon, there’s delicious blueberry muffins for breakfast, gratifyingly tasty chocolate chip cookies for lunch, and of course we can’t forget those late night munchie runs for potato chips and sweetz.
So…yeah….maybe there are a few food obstacles in our way to becoming those fit and healthy individuals that we always promise to become at the start of the New Year. But don’t fret.
There is a simple and delicious treat that can get us on the path to healthiness – grapefruits. Yup, that’s right. This sweet citrus fruit has a ton of health benefits that can help us all trim down our waistlines a bit.
While we definitely DO NOT recommend those extreme fad diets that encourage you to eat nothing but grapefruits all day, it is safe to say that these cancer-fighting snacks have the potential to help you lose weight. And with our delectable Winter Sweetz™ in season, you’ll have a reason to look forward to that New Year’s resolution of shedding some pounds.
Here’s how grapefruits can help you lose weight.
- Sniff your way to weight loss. Imagine smelling your way to New Year’s resolution success. Well, Japanese researchers speculate that olfactory stimulation (smelling grapefruit oil) has an effect on autonomic nerves, fat metabolism, and appetite, that can help us reduce hunger and help with weight loss. The study also revealed:
- The aroma of grapefruit oil slows down the body’s primary mechanism that gives way to the munchies.
- Plasma glycerol levels become elevated after smelling grapefruit oils, which is a sign of weight loss.
- Enzymes found in grapefruit can help break down body fat.
- Low in calories. Let’s face it, everybody loves dessert. Unfortunately, your sweet tooth can get you in a bit of trouble if you follow it down the road of chocolate bars, cookies, cakes, and sweetz galore. Instead, consider substituting those daily snacks with a low calorie grapefruit. In fact, not only do grapefruits make great treats, you can also use them in a ton of quick and delicious meals. Visit our Recipez page to get some ideas on how you can turn your boring dish into a unique and satisfying meal.
- Stay fuller longer (and lose weight doing it). Not only are Winter Sweetz™ Grapefruits scrumptious, they’re also good for you. Because grapefruits are loaded with fiber (2 grams to be exact), they help you stay fuller longer. This means you won’t go on that M&M binge after lunch. Also, grapefruits are only 53 calories, so you don’t have to worry about indulging. Last, but not least, researchers have found that eating half a grapefruit before a meal can help dieters shed additional pounds.
- Say helloooo Winter Sweetz™ and goodbye cellulite. It’s been reported that fresh grapefruit juice contains significant levels of anti-inflammatory and skin cleansing enzymes that are known to break down cellulite. It’s also been noted that grapefruit essential oils, when used topically in a carrier like coconut or almond oil, help reduce cellulite and fat by detoxifying skin and increasing circulation.
- Sugar that’s good for you. Grapefruits have been shown to stabilize blood sugar and reduce insulin levels. With low levels of insulin, your body can more efficiently use food for energy rather than keeping it in reserve as fat.
Let Winter Sweetz™ help you with your New Year’s resolution to lose weight.
Let Winter Sweetz™ help make your 2017 a year to remember. We highly encourage healthy eating and a reasonable amount of exercise because we understand that a healthy you, is a happy you.
Wishing everyone a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year.