Spring is in the air! Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and the air feels nice and crisp.
These spectacular spring days are perfect for an outdoor lunch on a fabulous patio or a delightful picnic at a local park.
As there are sooooo many eatery options to choose from, what better ingredient to include than a fresh, juicy, sweet red grapefruit from Winter Sweetz™. Our grapefruits pair well with a wide selection of ingredients and can perform as the perfect entree for you and your guests.
If you’ve decided to play host and make a delicious lunch for some friends and family (or even for a date with you and that special someone), this recipe for Crisp Grapefruit Lettuce Wraps is sure to WOW them and keep them coming back for more!
Don’t be afraid, a new recipe can be intimidating at times, but you won’t have any trouble here. It’s simple. Quick. And let’s not forget, heavenly.
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
2 ½ tbsp olive oil
4 Winter Sweetz red grapefruits
¾ cup roughly chopped cashews
½ jalapeño, diced roughly
¼ cup lightly diced cilantro
1 head butter lettuce, washed/dried and separated
- Start by combining the lime juice, black pepper, ¼ tsp salt and olive oil in small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Next, segment your grapefruits. If you are unsure how to do so, check out this quick tutorial.
- Now cut the avocados in half, scoop out the flesh, and dice them into small bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit, avocado, cashews, jalapeño, cilantro, remaining salt and dressing.
- Last, gently mix, making sure you do not mash the avocados. Spoon in lettuce leaves and you are ready to indulge!
Winter Sweetz™ grapefruits are available year round and are always an excellent choice for you and your loved ones to enjoy.