- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Winter Sweetz grapefruit, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grapefruit juice (from about 3 Winter Sweetz grapefruit)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until skillet is very hot. Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place oil in skillet. In batches if necessary (do not crowd skillet), place chicken skin-side down in skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until skin is dark golden brown. Transfer chicken to plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
2. Transfer all chicken back to skillet and arrange grapefruit slices between and around chicken pieces. Transfer skillet to oven and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in grapefruit juice, honey, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Increase heat to high and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture has reduced to a syrupy glaze. Remove from heat.
4. When chicken is cooked through, remove from oven and brush chicken with glaze. Serve sprinkled with mint.