- 2 T-bone steaks
- 1-1/2 Winter Sweetz grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 Winter Sweetz grapefruit, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
Let steaks rest at room temperature 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium pot, stir together grapefruit segments, grapefruit slices, shallot, honey, water and kosher salt. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until grapefruit is very soft and most liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Let cool before serving. Chutney can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days before serving.
In small bowl, stir together chili powder, cumin and pepper. Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Rub both sides of steaks with spice mixture. Lightly brush both sides of steaks with oil. In batches if necessary, transfer steaks to skillet and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees for medium rare, turning once.
Transfer steaks to cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and sprinkling with sea salt. Serve steaks with grapefruit chutney.