3 Scrumptious Salad Recipes to Keep Your 2019 Health Resolutions Strong
It’s quite easy to incorporate healthy foods into every meal of your day. Whether you’re trying to make lifestyle changes for health reasons, or simply because you enjoy tasty meals, here are 3 tantalizing recipes using our delicious Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruits.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so starting off on the right foot is important. If you’re ready for a refreshingly light citrus salad that will give you a nice boost of energy, then this recipe is for you.
What You Need
- 4 oranges, sliced
- 2 Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruits, sliced
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp, minced mint (fresh)
- Slice your oranges and grapefruit over a bowl to catch the slices, as well as the juice.
- Remove the fruit from the juice and place into another clean bowl.
- Add the lime zest, honey, and minced mint to the juice.
- Mix the juice mixture back with your oranges and grapefruit, then stir well.
Have a great breakfast!
Grapefruits aren’t only a breakfast food or a delicious snack. Our Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruits can also be easily incorporated into a great lunch or dinnertime meal that is sure to keep your healthy streak going.
Poblano Lime Vinaigrette
What You Need
- 1 large poblano
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup & 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Roast poblano pepper on an open flame, until charred all around.
- Place the pepper in a plastic bag for 10 minutes.
- Remove, scrape off the charred skin, cut open, seed, and roughly chop the pepper.
- Add the chopped pepper, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and yogurt to a blender, and blend until smooth. As the blender is on, slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Grapefruit Avocado Salmon Salad
What You Need
- 1 Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 blood orange, sectioned
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups of fresh arugula or watercress
- Radish, thinly sliced
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
- ½ pound salmon
- Season salmon with sea salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet, on medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon skin side down until crispy (about 4 minutes).
- Flip your salmon and cook for another 2 ½ minutes.
- Add the salmon to your favorite bed of greens and then layer with grapefruit, blood oranges, avocado, radish, and then more salmon. Finish off with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Bright, exciting and full of flavor, this Pink Detox Salad has everything you could want in a meal.
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Stevia or any sweet substitute
- ⅛ tsp salt
In a bowl, mix yogurt, pomegranate juice, vinegar, lemon zest, Stevia (or substitute), and salt. Cover and chill until use.
- 1 Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- ½ tsp Stevia (optional)
- 6 cups of baby kale or any variation of fresh greens
- 1 lb. strawberries, cored and sliced
- 2 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle sectioned grapefruits with Stevia and set to the side.
- Add kale to bowl and top with strawberries, Texas red grapefruit, watermelon, pomegranate arils, walnuts, and feta as desired.
- Pour salad dressing over everything and serve.