Crisp Grapefruit Lettuce Wraps
Spring is in the air! Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and the air feels nice and crisp.
These spectacular spring days are perfect for an outdoor lunch on a fabulous patio or a delightful picnic at a local park.
As there are sooooo many eatery options to choose from, what better ingredient to include than a fresh, juicy, sweet red grapefruit from Winter Sweetz™. Our grapefruits pair well with a wide selection of ingredients and can perform as the perfect entree for you and your guests.
If you’ve decided to play host and make a delicious lunch for some friends and family (or even for a date with you and that special someone), this recipe for Crisp Grapefruit Lettuce Wraps is sure to WOW them and keep them coming back for more!
Don’t be afraid, a new recipe can be intimidating at times, but you won’t have any trouble here. It’s simple. Quick. And let’s not forget, heavenly.
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
2 ½ tbsp olive oil
4 Winter Sweetz red grapefruits
¾ cup roughly chopped cashews
½ jalapeño, diced roughly
¼ cup lightly diced cilantro
1 head butter lettuce, washed/dried and separated
- Start by combining the lime juice, black pepper, ¼ tsp salt and olive oil in small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Next, segment your grapefruits. If you are unsure how to do so, check out this quick tutorial.
- Now cut the avocados in half, scoop out the flesh, and dice them into small bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit, avocado, cashews, jalapeño, cilantro, remaining salt and dressing.
- Last, gently mix, making sure you do not mash the avocados. Spoon in lettuce leaves and you are ready to indulge!
Winter Sweetz™ grapefruits are available year round and are always an excellent choice for you and your loved ones to enjoy.