MAKE MORNINGS SWEETER (AND HEALTHIER) WITH SAVORY GRAPEFRUITS
The new school year is just around the corner which means back to those early mornings and sugary breakfasts…or does it? Well, yes, students around the country will soon be returning to classrooms but that doesn’t mean that parents have to serve – and eat – unhealthy cereals and the likes.
This year, start school – and the day – on the right foot by enjoying some delicious grapefruit for breakfast. A hearty breakfast that includes this amazing fruit can give you just the right boost of energy you need to have a spectacular day.
The good folks here at Winter Sweetz encourage you to make grapefruit a part of your morning routine.
Start the Day Off Right
Grapefruits are a treat like no other. Not only are our Texas red grapefruit unbelievably tasty, they’re also unbelievably healthy:
- Great for the immune system: Grapefruits are a good source of vitamins A, C, and E, the perfect trifecta to protect the body from any harmful bacteria and viruses. Together, these vitamins keep the immune system strong. With flu season just a few months away, you’ll want all the protection you can get.
- Great for diabetes prevention: Grapefruits along with grapes, apples, and bananas may help in reducing insulin levels, which could lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Great for stopping fatty tissues from building on artery walls: Grapefruits can potentially help keep plaque and cholesterol from building up in arteries.
- Great for diet and health: Grapefruits are high in antioxidants and can help reduce inflammation. The peels are also high in antioxidants, so don’t just eat the fruit inside; use the peels to add spice to your meals while making poultry or baked goods.
- Great for staying hydrated: Grapefruits contain almost 4 ounces of water, making them a great way to stay hydrated.
- Great for bone strength: Grapefruits contain solid amounts of calcium and phosphorus, which can help to keep bones and teeth strong.
With all the hecticness of school mornings, grapefruits work perfectly as they require little preparation. Slice, halve, or even peel a grapefruit and you’ll have a great morning treat in just a few short minutes.
Or perhaps you’re too busy making your children breakfast? This healthy treat works perfectly for those with an on-the-go lifestyle.
Some ways to enjoy grapefruit in the morning include:
- Blend a grapefruit into a smoothie with other fruits.
- Add grapefruit in your yogurt parfait.
- Combine with other fruits and juice.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE WINTER SWEETZ SEASON TO BEGIN? WE KNOW WE ARE!
It’s almost that time for Winter Sweetz to be delivered to stores, so ask your local produce manager to order Winter Sweetz before the season starts.
And retail partners, don’t forget to join the Grapefruit Revolution! Contact our sales team today and see why Winter Sweetz is quickly becoming the go-to for sweet, tasty grapefruit.