One Sweet Season: Winter Sweetz Texas Red Grapefruits Are Back!
For 12 years and running, the good folks at Lone Star Citrus have been growing and supplying customers with the sweetest Texas Red grapefruits.
It is with great anticipation that we are excited to announce that Winter Sweetz grapefruits are back by popular demand. Of course, you’ll want to get your hands on our delectable fruits NOW while they are at peak sweetness. This year’s grapefruits will be available from now until April 2020, so don’t wait to ask your local grocer to order some of our unbelievably delicious grapefruit.
Off to a Sweet Start
Every season, we work on perfecting our growing technique, which includes pampering our little seedlings in gorgeous nurseries and greenhouses where they can grow strong and healthy. This season’s harvest saw a light bloom which means that, on average, fruit sizes increased in comparison to previous seasons – that’s more savory segmentz for you in every bite.
Thankfully, our scrumptious Winter Sweetz are coming during the cold, dreary months when the weather can bring us down a bit. Not only are Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruit chock full of vitamin C, which can do wonders in keeping your immune system healthy during flu season, but their summer-reminding sweetness can add a little warmth to those cold winter nights.
Suffice to say, we’re off to a sweet start and are looking forward to delivering amazing grapefruits all season long.
Sending Some Winter Sweet Love
We work tirelessly all year long to make sure that every corner of our great nation gets some of our juicy Texas red grapefruits. Unfortunately, not every city is hip to Winter Sweetz yet.
‘Tis the season of thanksgiving (and sharing), so spreading that Winter Sweetz love with friends and family may be on your to-do list. If your loved ones aren’t as fortunate as you are, and can’t get Winter Sweetz at their local grocery store, then consider shipping them a few.
If you decide you’re willing to share – and believe us, we get if you don’t want to – then you’ll want to take a few things into consideration:
- Make sure that you are able to ship/mail produce out of your state and into\ the state of the recipient. Your local county extension office should be able to provide you information regarding this (or they may refer you to the State Department of Agriculture in the state you’ll be shipping to.)
- If you have permission to ship and your loved one is able to receive Winter Sweetz, then:
- Wrap the grapefruit gently in plastic wrap and line the inside of the packaging box with bubble wrap for full protection.
- Make sure to securely seal the box with packaging tape.
- Try to send the package early on in the week so that the fruits aren’t sitting in a warehouse of the weekend. If possible, consider shipping the package overnight or by priority.
Put Down the Pie & Pick Up That Winter Sweetz Grapefruit
The holiday season is full of friends, family, festivities and fantastic treats. Unfortunately, these cookies, pies, goodies and drinks contain excessive amounts of sugar. While enjoying a bit of these foods is okay throughout the holidays, you’ll want to keep an eye on how much you and your loved ones are consuming.
When you need a quick picker-upper, Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruits are an excellent option. They’re savory, sweet and can give you a boost of energy (and it doesn’t hurt that they’re low in calories).