May 25, 2019
Cashew Chicken with Couscous & Grapefruit
For the Cashew Chicken:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
For the Couscous:
- 1 cup Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
For the Salad:
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 Winter Sweetz grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the Cashew Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In food processor fitted with knife blade attachment, pulse cashews until finely ground.
- Place ground cashews in shallow dish. Add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper; stir until well combined. In second shallow dish, whisk eggs. Working with one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg, shaking off excess, then dip in cashew mixture. Place on prepared baking pan; lightly spray chicken with cooking spray. Transfer chicken to 400 degree oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once.
- Meanwhile, make the Couscous: Prepare couscous according to package directions. Stir in mint and parsley.
- Make the Salad: In large bowl, toss arugula, grapefruit and oil until well combined.
- Divide couscous between 4 plates. Place chicken over couscous and top with salad.