May 29, 2019
Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
- 2 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned with juice reserved
- 2 Avocados, halved lengthwise and pitted
- 2 Teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ¾ Teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Brush 2 teaspoons lemon juice over flesh of avocados; set aside.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and tarragon to the reserved grapefruit juice; season with pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Add grapefruit sections and toss gently.
- Place each avocado half on a plate. Top with grapefruit mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serve immediately.