May 29, 2019
Mexican Citrus Chicken Salad
- 2 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Mexican seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, prepared Mexican seasoning.
- Brush seasoning over chicken and grill or boil for 10 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Baste with additional seasoning, if needed.
- Remove from heat and cut into strips.
- Arrange the greens on 4 plates then add chicken strips, red pepper, and grapefruit.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Serve with dressing of your choice.